Wednesday, May 13, 2009

SURPRISE!!!

Well... as you could tell.... during the first 8 weeks of the blog I blogged pretty regular... then it got very irregular quickly!!!

WELL... there is a good reason for that.... Tyler and I found out that I AM PREGNANT!!!
WHOA! We actually found out towards the end of March..... and MAN that definitely threw me off mentally for several weeks!! We were DEFINITELY not planning it... actually preventing... but, I guess God said that it was the RIGHT time!! So... right now, we are officially 13 WEEKS along!!

I feel like I did have a pretty strong finish in the New Way, New You program.... it just entailed me changing up how I did some things.... I had lost of total of 18 pounds going from 155 to 137. I was pretty happy about that! I have since dropped to 136.... but have fluctuated the last few days because of some poor eating choices!!! (ie: don't go grocery shopping while hungry and buy Chocolate Chip COOKIE DOUGH!!!)

Man... for real though... about the first 3 weeks of finding out we were pregnant, I WAS IN SHOCK!!! It took awhile for me to mentally get back in the game. WOW! It was like... I couldn't escape thinking about it. I thought about it ALL the time!! I would even wake up and KNOW that while I was sleeping, I was thinking about being pregnant. I was REALLY happy after about 2-3 weeks when I started to get a little back to normal and not have CONSUMING thoughts ALL the time about, "Wow! We are pregnant." I guess when you are NOT planning it or expecting it... it can really throw you off.... Now... granted... don't get me wrong, I am now gradually getting to be excited... I know that it will be such a blessing to be parents.... and, we are ready. We have been married for 8 1/2 years now, so timing-wise... I guess you could say, it's time (especially since we want 4!)

Over the last month, I've felt like I've been a little slack on the "working out" side of things. For about 4-6 weeks, it was like I felt so tired! Naps were pretty regular because I just didn't feel like I could continue on without a nap! So, my working out got pushed aside. I would still run maybe 3 miles 2-3 times/week... and maybe go out and walk around the lake (2 1/2 miles) once or twice if I wasn't motivated to run.... so, I have been trying to stay active. BUT, my goal is to run and stay fit throughout my pregnancy! Gain as little weight, but a healthy amount, as possible.

WHAT DID I CHANGE? - When I found out I was pregnant, Coach... Diesel Diane had me bump my calories up from the 1200 I was taking in, to 1500. That has been good. I have been sticking fairly close to that still. Also... my workout intensity had to decrease. Where I was getting my heartrate up to 175 when I would do the "4"/Cardio interval... Diesel Di and my doctor recommended that I try to keep my HR 150 or below. So... then I started incorporating some longer running 3-6 miles, just to get a good amount of cardio since I couldn't do the intervals that are part of 4321. I have still been incorporating the "321".... but... right now I'm working at getting back into a more consistent groove. The last few days I haven't been as tired as what I was, so I'm excited about that! I'm believing that the "Tired" part is done! :)

Anyways... my apologies for taking so long to put an update on here. I do still have so much to share about my final "results" from my bloodwork and "after testing" that were AMAZING... I'll get on and share all that another day.

Love ya'll! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment